Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 12

I am currenlty starting day 12 of polyphasic sleep.  I haven't updated this in a while because most of the interesting changes were in the first week.  I have learned that you can push it by skipping 4 naps in a day and can get right back on track without much difficulty.  You can also oversleep and take a 3 hour or so nap and jump right back on it at the next nap.  The most important thing in my opinion is to get a very loud alarm clock.

One nice feature in this sleep pattern is the ability to sleep anywhere.  I have slept on a bench at a train station, I have slept on a bench next to a contruction site where there was a jackhammer making a fair amount of noise, I have slept at a party where they were blasting music, the next thing I want to try is just sleeping outside in a bush at night.  

Skipping naps makes you very tired and may make you want to give up.  It is important to have others polyphasing if you want to be able to skip naps.  Sometimes its better to stay up so you can go to a party or keep working on the girl you've been flirting with all night.  You don't want to go to sleep and find someone else got her.  But try not to skip too much.  Sleep is necessary and it is harder to make up sleep debt this way.

2 comments:

jorel314 said...

Hello!

I am currently seeking out and giving advice to polyphasic sleepers. Here’s some advice I gave to one blogger:
http://annacallahan.livejournal.com/12999.html?thread=36807#t36807

I was wondering if you'd be interested in participating in the "Adventures in Polyphasic Sleeping" feed. The beginnings can be seen here:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/aips?format=xml

The plan is to combine blog posts by past and current polyphasic sleepers into one feed, so others interested can get tips or cheer people on.

I will only include feeds with direct permission from the blogger. If the blogger already has posts about polyphasic sleep, all they need to do is add the tag, label, or category called “aips” to their existing posts they want included on Adventures in Polyphasic Sleeping. If the blogger doesn’t want their posts to show up anymore in the future, they simply have to delete the “aips” tag, label, or category from their posts.

I am not doing this as any sort of business venture, so I prefer feeds with no ads. I am doing this because I believe that polyphasic sleep can be an alternative to monophasic sleep. Many people switch back to monophasic sleep not because of health issues, but due to social pressures. Having more polyphasic sleepers out there can ease the pressure.

Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

Jorel

jorel314 said...

forgot go give you my email:
jorel314@gmail.com