Monday, June 9, 2008

Day 7

So after one week of polyphasic sleep I am still alive and as sane as I was when this all began.  Today I really tested the limits of polyphasic sleep by skipping 4 out of the 6 naps in a given 24 hours.  Starting at 6 am I slept this first round like usual and everything was fine.  However, I lost track of time and completely missed the 10 am nap, which was unfortunate because that was often my favorite.  I then took a 30 min nap at 2 pm.  From here I skipped the 6 pm, 10 pm, and 2 am naps due to shopping, rocky horror, and people.  Finally I got to 6 am and the day concluded.  

Obviously this is a bad idea and would result in a lack of both mental and physical energy.  This is the equivalent of getting less than 3 hours of sleep in a normal 8 hours of monophasic sleep.  I was doing alright in the morning, but after the 2 pm nap, I was on another plane of existance.  I was up and moving but trapped in my mind and nothing felt real.  I am wondering if I was sleep walking while dreaming.  Luckily once I got a little food and a glass of sparkling cider I was much more awake.  What I have learned is naps can be skipped for convenience without too much damage.

I am going to really try to hit every nap on every single level.  It should really help my body adjust and make everything feel a lot better.  One other thing that helps is one friend has now been on it for about a day and another friend just started last night!  I am achieving my goal to convince a lot of girls to drive so you aren't as alone.

I likely will not keep posting daily since not enough that I can't write long on it.  But anything else is not important enough to spend on.

No comments: