Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 14 Ending Polyphasic Sleep

So I did this for two weeks and then one night my alarm didn't work and I overslept a ton.  The main friend that was doing this with me also really overslept and so we decided to end it instead of starting all over again.  Polyphasic sleep is very interesting and I would recommend it if you are bored.  Nothing bad happened in the two weeks I was on it so health isn't a problem.  You develop a weird conception of time and days go by much more slowly.  If you hit all the naps you can be awake and as alert as ever, while still maximizing your waking hours.  

There were a few things that I didn't like about it.  One big thing was my life was dominated by schedule.  I don't care for strict schedules and that became a problem with the constant alarms and such.  Also you couldn't sleep in lazily which can be a very enjoyable and relaxing experience.  I think now I am going to go more into a biphasic sleep pattern that will keep open that 2am to 6am time slot so I can still be up at that time.  That way I can hang out with anyone who wants to try polyphasic sleep during the time that is hardest for them.

No comments: